This is a “sofa to saddle” cycling programme that caters for all cyclists, from the person who has just rediscovered their bike, to the more accomplished rider who wants to take on greater challenges.
The skills and knowledge gained in this programme will make the world of cycling more accessible to everyone, with the main focus being on learning skills, enjoying the bike and meeting new like-minded people.
The programme brings the cyclist on a journey of learning, where they are educated on the various skills, aspects and components of cycling in a safe, welcoming and social environment.
Innisfree Wheelers BFL coaches Paul Duffy and Martin Keville have ran a number of these courses and only recently completed another successfully.
What did the participants you learn?
- Preparing for a Bike Ride: What to wear, what to bring.
- Riding Safely on the Road: Basic road skills,advanced road skills, riding in the dark.
- Riding as a Group: Riding in pairs, riding as a group, group riding etiquette.
- Using Shared Facilities: Riding in low volume traffic, riding in higher volume traffic.
- Bike Handling Skills
- Nutrition & Hydration: Basic requirements, requirements for a cyclist.
- Bike Repair & Maintenance: Basic bike maintenance
- Training for your Riding Goals: Getting Started, going further and cycling
Participants and members of Innisfree Wheelers pictured following successful completion of BFL course. Violet McDermott, Caroline Brennan, Roisin Lynch, Avril Healy, Krys Burns, Paul Duffy, Catherine McGowan, Linda Higgins, Michelle Howley, Grainne Mulvaney, Martin Keville, Loressa Tymon and Alan Kelly.